A couple of posts about the topic on Pann have been coming up often lately, and as usual, everyone is absolutely sure that the two are dating. I previously compiled a list of their 'proof' in another post you can check out here.
Article: Jung Yonghwa clarifies his dating rumors with Park Shin Hye "We really aren't dating"
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+103, -9] Well it's not like he can admit it when someone on TV is asking him to his face if they're dating. They never intended to take their relationship public so of course he'll deny it.
2. [+97, -8] Obviously this is just TV... Even if they're dating, they have to deny it and just say they're friends
3. [+100, -11] What other choice does he have than to deny it if he wants to keep his relationship a secret? They already know what's up judging by the fact that they even asked the question and it's not like anyone would come out and admit it on some variety show
4. [+35, -4] When journalists asked him if they were dating before, he called her his "only" celebrity friend.... His only celebrity friend that he's actually close with. Everyone in the industry already knows what's going on between them which is why they keep asking. Park Shin Hye said she'd never go public with any of her relationships so he'll probably never admit it no matter how much he's asked.
5. [+33, -4] That Ki Tae Young guy in that drama with Eugene always denied when asked if they were dating and threw an absolute fit whenever people brought it up. Then they got married... Celebrities catch on to these things really fast, and the fact that Lee Hwi Jae asked this means that something's up
6. [+31, -5] Lee Hwi Jae's good at catching things like this. The fact that he asked means that he already knows ㅋ
7. [+31, -4] Lee Hwi Jae was the one that asked if they were dating back at the Baeksang Awards too ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+29, -2] The fact that Lee Hwi Jae asked already means that he knows they're dating.
9. [+27, -4] Park Shin Hye said she'd rather die than go public so I doubt Yonghwa would ever admit it on TV
10. [+21, -2] As expected, all celebrities say they're just friends when dating rumors erupt. The important part here is that Lee Hwi Jae asked the question... He only asks when he knows for sure. All of the couples that he pinpointed on TV like this all ended up being real couples ㅋ
Other comments + best replies on other panns:
"I got curious so I searched up Jung Yonghwa and Park Shin Hye and now I can see why people think they're dating... Lee Hwi Jae seems to know what's going on."
"I guess we'll find out when they get married together or separately later. Just like how Sunye adamantly claimed Park Tae Hwan was just her best friend but he didn't attend her wedding ㅋㅋ"
"The fact that it's Lee Hwi Jae pretty much just confirms it... He's go-to gossip and news source for everyone in the industry and he's famous for asking these types of questions towards celebrities he knows are dating."
"They're dating and doing just fine, people should stop trying to dig to find more. A few days ago, someone close to Park Shin Hye shared a screencap of him leaving a Kakao Story comment to her asking her to call him because he was worried in case something had happened."
"A Dispatch journalist used to keep a list of couples that they were closing in on and Yonghwa and Park Shin Hye were on the list. They're just holding back on the release in case they end up like Seulong and Sohee again where both sides deny it."